BY CAR - About 360 miles
from Chicago and 275 miles from both Milwaukee and Minneapolis-St. Paul.
From Chicago area or
From Minneapolis -
St. Paul area:
- I-90 or I-94 to U.S. Hwy 51 (near Portage). North on 51 to Minocqua-Woodruff.
- Continue North on 51 to County M (Boulder Junction) - 11 miles.
- North on M to downtown Boulder Junction - 10 miles.
- Left at stop sign & gas station, through town, and continue west on K to Jct. K & P (School at Jct.) - 9.4 miles.
- North on P to Crab Lake Road - 2.2 miles
("Bear to the Right" off of P at sharp turn in P onto Crab Lake Road. Our arrow sign is on the big list of arrows.)
- East on Crab Lake Road (do not turn off of this road until at the resort) to Alpine (Look for sign on right, entrance on left) - 2 miles.
- East on U.S. Hwy 8 to U.S. Hwy 51 (Tomahawk).
- North on 51 to Minocqua-Woodfruff.
- Then follow directions #2-#6 above.
Click here for printable directons.
BY PLANE - Commercial
airlines have daily flights into Rhinelander (RHI) - 57 miles from Alpine, and Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) in Mosinee-2 hours.
Private planes can be accommodated in Minocqua (ARV) and Manitowish Waters (D25). We
can provide transportation from these local airports to the resort with advance planning.
Rhinelander and CWA have all major car rental facilities. If
you rent a car from Rhinelander, turn left from airport exit onto U.S. 8 (i mile to 47).
North on 47 to Minocqua-Woodruff (25 miles to 51). See above instructions from
Minocqua-Woodruff to Alpine - #3 to #7.
From CWA - follow 51 north to Minocqua-Woodruff and then #3 - #7 to Alpine.